Gold Jewelry, Silver Jewelry
For centuries the name Trautz has been closely linked with the Golden City of Pforzheim, the Nagold valley and the Black Forest. The history of the family can be traced back to the 16th century. The anchor and the fisherman symbols on the time-honoured coat of arms demonstrate the former affiliation of the family to the Black Forest raftsmen’s guild. As long ago as 1650, Hans Georg Trautz was mayor and raftsman on the Nagold. Today a monument in the attractive community of Dillstein near Pforzheim pays tribute to him. In 1722 the “Goldener Anker” inn, which still exists today, was built in Dillstein by the mayor, customs officer and leading raftsman Christoph Trautz. Christoph Trautz was co-founder of the first rafting company for the Dutch timber trade in the Enz-Nagold region. With the decline of timber rafting, the Trautz family turned to jewellery making and was first referred to as a jewellery maker in the 18th century. Since then, the name Trautz stands for premium-quality jewellery from Pforzheim. The success story of today’s company dates back to the year 1928, when the company founder Hermann A. Trautz built a ring factory. Since 2007 the management of the jewellery factory is in the sole hands of Frank Trautz, who continues the long family tradition.